When my friends and I went to Florida recently, we picked up some classic Oatmeal Creme Pies! The oatmeal creme pies had me thinking… “Could I make these plant-based?” After spending an hour in the kitchen, the answer is yes, yes I can.
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if you need)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (you can make this by blending rolled oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Vegan vanilla icing (I used Simple Mills)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or coat a cookie sheet)
- Whisk together the nut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla
- Stir in the oats, almond flour, oat flour, baking powder salt, cinnamon, and ginger to form a batter
- Scoop/roll into balls. Arrange and press lightly to flatten onto baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Allow the cookies to cool then sandwich with your frosting!
Inspired by Rachlmansfield!