Staying true to my promise to bring new healthy recipes to you guys this quarantine! I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest making vision boards and pinning things that inspire me, so when I saw a sweet potato black bean burger pop up, I was like “I must make these.” I decided to make my own version inspired by that Pinterest post!
My Mom and I both agreed that we could eat these Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers everyday for the rest of our lives. Yes, they are that good. Another perk to this recipe is that it only took me 40 minutes to prep & bake them! Super easy and super good, there’s really no excuse for you to make these!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup of black beans
- 1 cup of brown rice (I used Coconut Turmeric Jazmine Rice)
- 1/3 cup of diced onion (Yellow onion)
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Microwave your sweet potato. Mine was pretty large, so I did 3:30 on each side!
- Next, I mashed the sweet potato in a bowl. Make sure you remove the skin first!
- Add in your drained & rinsed cup of black beans.
- Add in your 1 cup of cooked brown rice.
- Add in your diced onion.
- Add in the Salt, Paprika, Black Pepper, and Turmeric to taste! It totally depends on what you like.
- Mix up the ingredients by hand (wash them first, it is a pandemic after all)
- Use your hands to form patties, I ended up getting 7 out of mine!
- Place patties on a lined baking sheet (or sprayed with cooking spray)
- Bake for 35 minutes! I flipped mine after 20 minutes and then put them back in for the other 15.
- Serve either as a burger, on a salad, or on their own!